Flickr has again created the yearly group, Your Best Shot. Members of the community are invited to submit their best shot of 2011. Here are 10 photos I’m considering – not sure which one I’ll pick, but please feel free to chime in.
Sit back and enjoy. Mostly pictures here on out. Thanks!
1) Some images are down to luck and timing. This is one of them. An adoring fan looks on as Takuma Sato signs autographs. It was one of the few times the lensbaby lens actually did what I wanted it to do.
2) I’d never been in a helicopter until my friend at work, Ron Pitman asked if I could grab some shots for him. I obliged. I love how the streets frame the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and lead the eye downtown.
3) It was gorgeous Spring morning in Chicago and I was staying near the John Hancock. I went with the fish eye and love how it seems like the other buildings are reaching out for a hug.
4) A very simple composition, but I like the repetition and this particular color blue.
5) I love this shot because it captures the vastness of Sao Paulo and the fish eye plays nicely with puffy blue clouds.
6) For all the lavish colors at the Nikko Toshogu Shrine, I fell in love with monochromatic roof colors. I love how they blended that day with nature, the overcast sky and deep green of the trees.
7) Definitely timing on this one. The early bird catches the worm, even in the Valley of Fire desert.
8) One of the coolest places in Las Vegas – The Neon Museum. The colors just pop in the bright sunlight.
9) This was definitely the year of the fish eye lens. And also, my first visit to Times Square. I just like this shot.
10) I love the rituals and preparations drivers go through before taking the track. Love this shot of Danica Patrick readying.
There’s my 10.
Which one would you submit?
I am torn between 7 for composition and then you have shot 10 which I LOVE for the composition. Central point of focus and the surroundings radiate from there…………great stuff.
Arch and Moon! My fav. Great shots…
Impossible task. Choose your favorite child. Can’t do it. All are beautiful.
I do personally love the Taku shot, such a great capture of joy and emotion. Also love the blue seats as you have created something from nothing.
[…] couple of weeks ago I included 10 of my favorite 2011 photographs and asked for your feedback. I got some blog comments, some emails and some recommendations in […]
[…] Two of them were taken with my iPhone. One is a real photograph. This is so different from my top photos of 2011. Go […]