My father, Sal Incandela passed away on October 3.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Donald Davidson kindly wrote this piece on him. So did others, including Racer, SPEEDTV, AutoWeek, blogs and many more. It has meant the world to me and my family. The emails, texts, phone calls and every thought and prayer have been overwhelmingly touching. So a big thank you to everyone that has been there for all of us.
A thank you really doesn’t suffice – you’ve been wonderful.
There will be an Indianapolis Memorial for Sal on Saturday, November 5th from 3-5. It will be held at the Brickyard Crossing Golf and Conference Center: 4400 W. 16th st. Indianapolis In 46222. Click here for Google Maps. You’re invited.
Please join us in celebrating my Dad’s life, your friend’s life. And if anything, please stop by to give my Mum a hug. She loves a good hug.
There will be laughter, tears and lots of stories shared. I hope to hear some from you.
11/2: Some more details since my original post –
- All are welcome
- Dress comfortably/respectfully, we don’t want this to be an overly formal affair
- Hunter Floyd will deliver the memorial service
- Donald Davidson will speak about my father’s career
- Members of the family will also speak
- We will encourage others to share their stories
- Lots of photos from my dad’s career and some embarrassing family pics
- Cash bar and some food
- Time to mingle